- Puerco y Calabaza (Pork & Butternut Squash) -
This quick dinner is the epitome of filling. Over some white rice, pieces of pork loin and creamy butternut squash make stomachs happy with almost no hassle.
- 1 pound of pork loin (cubed)
- 1 small butternut squash (diced and cubed)
- 4 garlic cloves (pressed and chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon complete seasoning
- 3-4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (optional)
Step 1. Cook garlic with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat for two minutes.
Step 2. Season pork with mustard, oregano, salt and pepper and add to garlic. Cook for 8 minutes and add squash and enough water to cover everything. Season with a little more salt and pepper and add complete seasoning and enough water to cover contents of pan. Bring down the heat a bit and cover.
Step 3. Allow pork and squash to braise in water for 30 minutes. Enjoy, or for a thicker end result add corn starch at this time and mix until dissolved. Cook for another five minutes. Serve with white rice.
- munchthismiami posted this