- Chocolate Hazelnut Tiramisu -
Warning: not advised to serve this tiramisu to your traditional Italian grandmother. This is a triple-decker dessert with layers of chocolate-hazelnut cream, mascarpone espresso custard and chocolate-hazelnut yogurt. It’s extremely decadent, easy to make and likely to piss off your nonna. Good for 12 servings.
- 2 packages of lady fingers
- 1 cup and 3 T of fresh, or made that day coffee (espresso, Cuban it all works)
- 1 2lb container vanilla yogurt (Greek works fine as long as 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract is added)
- 1/2 cup Nutella (3/4 for thicker yogurt)
- 1 8oz container of mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 T rum or brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 T chocolate-hazelnut powder (or just semi-sweet chocolate)
- 2 T powdered sugar
- 1/4 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
Step 1. In a medium bowl combine yogurt and Nutella. Mix with large spoon until chocolate spread is completely incorporated and mixture is almost pudding-like. Put bowl in refrigerator.
Step 2. In a separate larger bowl add egg yolks, sugar, 3 T coffee and rum or brandy. Whisk about four minutes and add mascarpone cheese and whisk until thick, creamy. About another four minutes.
Step 3. In another bowl add egg whites. Beat with stand, or hand mixer until stiff peaks are formed. Add 1/2 teaspoon sugar and fold into yolk mixture in three batches. Put bowl in refrigerator.
Step 4. In one last bowl add heavy cream, chocolate powder, vanilla and powdered sugar and whip until soft peaks are formed.
Step 5. Prepare a prep station with a medium square baking dish, lady fingers, coffee, and bowls of everything made. Dip ladyfingers in coffee and layer bottom of baking dish. Top with chocolate-hazelnut yogurt mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts. Repeat dipped lady finger layer over that.
Step 6. Top those ladyfingers with mascarpone espresso custard and spread evenly. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts. Repeat dipped lady finger layer.
Step 7. Top last layer of ladyfingers with chocolate-hazelnut cream, spread evenly and sprinkle some more toasted hazelnuts over the top. Lastly, finish with some shaved dark, white chocolate. Put in refrigerator overnight to soften and set. Dessert needs at least six hours, but is best the next day. Lasts up to a week in the refrigerator.
- housefed likes this
- pudgybat likes this
- sweetlycherished likes this
- spoonster likes this
- deborahliz likes this
- splendid-venus reblogged this from rocketpunchhh and added:
- reyaskye likes this
- doodletosmile likes this
- chocopoo likes this
- etchersketch likes this
- rocketpunchhh reblogged this from ssandorclegane
- rocketpunchhh likes this
- ssandorclegane reblogged this from munchthismiami
- ssandorclegane likes this
- livesubjectively likes this
- c0lapuss likes this
- minicakey likes this
- g-r-v likes this
- munchthismiami posted this